Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Rest in Pieces - Skeletal Articulation
Rest in Pieces invites you to attend Australia's first skeletal articulation workshop.
Gerard Geer one of Australia's leading skeletal artists has joined the R.I.P team and will take you on a very special exploration into skeletal articulation.
Throughout the 2 day workshop you will get hands on with the process of skinning and articulation, as well as attend an informative seminar on specimen cleaning and preservation.
At the end of the 2 day workshop, you will walk away with an insight into this fascinating art and you will each have a gorgeous mounted mouse skeleton housed in a glass dome.
Everything will be supplied over the 2 days including the mice, tools, glass dome, apron, snacks, and wine.
No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation experience is necessary to attend this class.
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Full Kit contains the following:
- Frozen mouse
- Tools for skinning and skeletal articulation
- Products for cleaning and preserving your specimen
- Beginners Dermestid Colony Kit (Including approximately 40 live specimens of assorted growth stages)
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
If you are interstate you will need to travel with the take home kit in your checked in luggage. Please email me to discuss how much room you will need.
2 Day Workshop - Saturday 17th March, 3.00pm - 9.00pm & Sunday 18th March - 10.00am - 7.00pm
- How to turn a specimen into a beautiful piece of art that is shockingly full of life and character!
- Techniques and processes for skinning, preparing, cleaning, preserving, and articulating a mouse
- How to manage and maintain a Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) colony
- A unique experience with Australia's first skeletal articulation workshop
- Your own specimen to work on (of course your articulated creation is yours to take home at the end of the workshop!)
- Hands-on skinning and articulation instruction across both days
- A seminar on skeletal preparation, cleaning, and preservation on day one
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Snacks, refreshments and wine
- Get up close and personal with the art of skeletal articulation
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
16+ with a curious mind - No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation skills are needed for this class