Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Rest in Pieces - Intermediate Taxidermy - Rabbit
Rest in Pieces invites existing students from the 1-day beginner taxidermy class or participants who have completed the DIY Revival kit to join our 2-day intermediate Rabbit class.
We are absolutely thrilled to have Tull Suwannakit, artist and taxidermist from Nomadic Foe, joining the RIP Team as a special guest for this wonderful class.
Throughout the 2-day workshop Tull will lead you further down the taxidermy rabbit hole, building upon and refining your skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn some of the basics of warm water maceration and beetle feeding.
At the end of the 2-day workshop, you will walk away with a gorgeous rabbit in your choice of one of three poses: standing, sitting or lying down. You will also have the option of purchasing a take home kit to practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, food, drinks, and even wine will be provided on the day.
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
- Frozen Rabbit
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for cleaning, fleshing, and specimen preparation
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a take home kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
Day 1 Saturday 14th April - 9.00am - 6.00pm
Day 2 Sunday 15th April - 9.00am - 6.00pm
- Techniques and processes for skinning, fleshing, preserving, body wrapping and mounting your specimen over 2 days
- Warm water maceration techniques for skull cleaning and watch the Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) in action
- Choose to mount your specimen either standing, sitting, or lying down
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful Rabbit from start to finish
- Optional take home kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments, and wine
- A full 2-day intermediate experience
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Existing R.I.P students who have completed the DIY Revival Kit or the Beginner Mouse Taxidermy Class