Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Rest in Pieces - Mynah Bird - Will you be Mynah!
We are pleased to announce that Allis Markham of Prey Taxidermy in Los Angeles has joined forces with Rest in Pieces to bring you the first Australian instalment of our international skills exchange program.
Have you ever wanted to learn bird taxidermy from one of the worlds best?
Now is your chance, as Allis was recently, she was named 'Third in the World' at the 2017 World Taxidermy Championships for her African Jacana.
Her list of local awards is also endless..... In fact, look at this photo of her cleaning up in the California Association Taxidermy show.
If you are an existing RIP student who has completed the beginner taxidermy workshop and the Baby Chick workshop then you will qualify for this unique and challenging class.
Throughout the 2 day workshop you will learn an extensive range of skills. You will begin the 2 days by skinning your specimen and will learn hands on skills so as to complete a gorgeous open wing mynah in one of two poses.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, food, drinks, and even wine will be provided on each day.
- Day 1 - Anatomy 101, handling, skinning, fleshing, eye measurements & form creation
- Day 2 - Preservation, wiring, sculpting the skull, sewing, open wing posing, grooming & finishing Demonstration
- Your own specimen to work on
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments, and wine
- A full 2-day intermediate experience
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Intermediate R.I.P students who have completed the Baby Chick or Partridge Workshop