Buy a Gift Voucher
Rest in Pieces - Skeletal Articulation
Rest in Pieces invites you to attend Australia's first skeletal articulation workshop.
Gerard Geer one of Australia's leading skeletal artists has joined the R.I.P team and will take you on a very special exploration into skeletal articulation.
The 2 Day Workshop runs from 3.00pm - 9.00pm on Saturday 9th February & 10.00am - 7.00pm on Sunday 10th February.
Throughout the 2 day workshop you will get hands on with the process of skinning and articulation, as well as attend an informative seminar on specimen cleaning and preservation.
At the end of the 2 day workshop, you will walk away with an insight into this fascinating art and you will each have a gorgeous mounted mouse skeleton housed in a glass dome.
Everything will be supplied over the 2 days including the mice, tools, glass dome, apron, lunch, snacks, and wine.
No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation experience is necessary to attend this class.
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Full Kit contains the following:
- Frozen mouse
- Tools for skinning and skeletal articulation
- Products for cleaning and preserving your specimen
- Beginners Dermestid Colony Kit (Including approximately 40 live specimens of assorted growth stages)
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
If you are flying from interstate and have bought the full take home kit you will need to have checked in luggage and enough room in your suitcase for the kit which is 19cm high, 30cm wide and 21cm long
- How to turn a specimen into a beautiful piece of art that is shockingly full of life and character!
- Techniques and processes for skinning, preparing, cleaning, preserving, and articulating a mouse
- How to manage and maintain a Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) colony
- Your own specimen to work on (of course your articulated creation is yours to take home at the end of the workshop!)
- A glass dome to protect your new creation
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Snacks, lunch, refreshments and wine
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
16+ with a curious mind - No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation skills are needed for this class
If you have purchased an item from us and it arrives damaged we will need photo evidence and the item returned.
We will then refund you or ship you out a replacement.
If you have booked a workshop ticket we understand that sometimes you just can't make a class. The best thing to do is to
contact us as soon as you can to let us know. If you give us 2 weeks notice, we can
offer to transfer you to the next scheduled class. This will incur a $10 admin fee.
If you need to cancel, with two weeks notice or more we will refund the full price of the
workshop, minus $50 booking fee, less than two weeks and we will refund 50% minus
$50 booking fee.
Unfortunately we wont be able to offer refunds for cancellations or transfers received
last minute - the day before the workshop or on the day of the workshop.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Rest in Pieces or organised by Rest in Pieces must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Rest in Pieces.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Rest in Pieces unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Rest in Pieces classes and events or on Rest in Pieces's premises. (For use of Rest in Pieces marketing materials).
See refund section
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.