Buy a Gift Voucher
Rest in Pieces - Squirrels - Nuts about you!
Take Home Kit
If you are interested in purchasing a take home kit it will include:
- Tanned and prepped Squirrel Skin
- All the tools used in the 3 days
- Sample finishing kit
- Exclusive access to a death mask casting tutorial video by Allis
- Optional access to at a reduced fee to a tanning tutorial by Allis
- All the instructions for the 3 days
The cost of the kit is $475 and we have the instalment billing plan available so that you can pay the kit off between now and the class date.
We currently have 19 for sale as the California fires caused havoc with sourcing squirrels. We have been really lucky to source Western Gray squirrels for the class and take home kits. They look like this
Tim from the Natural history museum in Los Angeles alongside Allis and her assistant Paloma and hand preparing and tanning each gorgeous specimen for us. We are very very lucky to be able to have access to such great specimens.
I need to close bookings for these off in 2 days as we need to order all the special tools etc in time for class, so please jump on now as we can't offer kits on the day.
- Day 1 - Anatomy 101, Rehydration of a tanned skin, wrapping a body and limbs from a tracing, moulding and casting & ear liner creation
- Day 2 - Form creation, test fitting, clay work on the paws, fitting & sewing
- Day 3 - Posing, facial sculpting and refinement, pinning and finishing demonstration
- Your own tanned skin to work on
- All the tools required for the 3-day workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments, and wine
- A full 3-day intermediate experience
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Intermediate R.I.P students who have completed the Rabbit Workshop
If you have purchased an item from us and it arrives damaged we will need photo evidence and the item returned.
We will then refund you or ship you out a replacement.
If you have booked a workshop ticket we understand that sometimes you just can't make a class. The best thing to do is to
contact us as soon as you can to let us know. If you give us 2 weeks notice, we can
offer to transfer you to the next scheduled class. This will incur a $10 admin fee.
If you need to cancel, with two weeks notice or more we will refund the full price of the
workshop, minus $50 booking fee, less than two weeks and we will refund 50% minus
$50 booking fee.
Unfortunately we wont be able to offer refunds for cancellations or transfers received
last minute - the day before the workshop or on the day of the workshop.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Rest in Pieces or organised by Rest in Pieces must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Rest in Pieces.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Rest in Pieces unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Rest in Pieces classes and events or on Rest in Pieces's premises. (For use of Rest in Pieces marketing materials).
See refund section
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.