Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Rest in Pieces - Baby Chick Class
Rest in Pieces invites existing students from the 1-day beginner taxidermy class or participants who have completed the DIY Revival kit to join our baby Chick class.
Throughout the workshop Nat will build upon and refine your skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn to preserve the feet with injections.
At the end of the workshop you will walk away with a gorgeous Baby Chick and be given the option to purchase a wooden base or a wooden base and chick-sized dome to mount your specimen from the class on.
And of course we have a take home kit available to purchase so you can practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, snacks, drinks and your choice of wine or beer will be provided on the day.
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
- Frozen baby Chick
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for cleaning, fleshing, and preservation
- Wooden base to mount specimen on (purchase an extra wooden base if you want one for your class specimen to sit on)
- List of instructions from the half day workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a take home kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
- Techniques and processes for skinning, fleshing, preserving, body wrapping, and mounting a specimen
- How to inject the feet for preservation
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful baby Chick from start to finish
- Optional take home kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the half day workshop
- Snacks, refreshments and wine or beer
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Existing R.I.P students who have completed the DIY Revival Kit or the Beginner Mouse Taxidermy Class