Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Rest in Pieces Taxidermy Workshop - HOBART
Due to popular demand we are hitting the road and coming to Hobart.
Rest in Pieces invites you to attend this very special, introductory Taxidermy Workshop. The course will take you on your own journey into this fascinating art form and will help you come to grips (literally!) with some of the techniques involved in creating taxidermy.
Throughout the day you will learn how to skin and preserve your little rat, as well as how to mount him into a beautiful but very greedy cheese fiend. Everything will be supplied on the day including your rat, all the necessary tools, an apron, snacks, lunch, great company, and your choice of wine, beer or soft drink which will be provided throughout.
No previous taxidermy experience is necessary.
Would you like to book a take home kit for $100?
Workshop + kit contains the following:
- Frozen rat
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for preservation
- List of instructions used on the day
Please note: if you are flying in for the workshop and want a take home kit, you will need to have checked-in luggage as the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
- Get up close and hands-on with the art of taxidermy.
- How to turn your specimen into a piece of art that is full of life and character!
- The correct technique and process of skinning and preserving and mounting a standing specimen.
- Your own specimen to work on (of course, your creation is yours to take home at the end of the day!)
- Lunch and Wine, Beer or Soft drink provided throughout
- An amazing experience amongst like-minded people!
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a warehouse climate
Adults with a curious mind. If you are under 18 please contact Nat to discuss prior to booking.