Buy a Gift Voucher
Intermediate Taxidermy - Rabbit - Melbourne
Rest in Pieces invites existing students from the 1-day Beginner Rat Taxidermy class or participants who have completed the DIY Revival Kit to join our 2-day Intermediate Rabbit Workshop.
Throughout the 2-day Workshop (9 - 7pm both Saturday and Sunday) we will lead you further down the taxidermy rabbit hole, building upon and refining your skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn some of the basics of warm water maceration and beetle feeding.
At the end of the 2-day workshop, you will walk away with a gorgeous rabbit in your choice of one of three poses: standing, sitting or lying down. You will also have the option of purchasing a Take Home Kit to practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, food, drinks, and even wine will be provided on the day.
Would you like to book a Take Home Kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
- Frozen Rabbit
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for cleaning, fleshing, and specimen preparation
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a Take Home Kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
- Techniques and processes for skinning, fleshing, preserving, body wrapping and mounting your specimen over 2 days
- Warm water maceration techniques for skull cleaning and watch the Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) in action
- Choose to mount your specimen either standing, sitting, or lying down
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful Rabbit from start to finish
- Optional Take Home Kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments, bubbles and wine
- A full 2-day intermediate experience
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Existing R.I.P students who have completed the DIY Revival Kit or the Beginner Mouse Taxidermy Class
If you have purchased an item from us and it arrives damaged we will need photo evidence and the item returned.
We will then refund you or ship you out a replacement.
If you have booked a workshop ticket we understand that sometimes you just can't make a class. The best thing to do is to
contact us as soon as you can to let us know. If you give us 2 weeks notice, we can
offer to transfer you to the next scheduled class. This will incur a $10 admin fee.
If you need to cancel, with two weeks notice or more we will refund the full price of the
workshop, minus $50 booking fee, less than two weeks and we will refund 50% minus
$50 booking fee.
Unfortunately we wont be able to offer refunds for cancellations or transfers received
last minute - the day before the workshop or on the day of the workshop.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Rest in Pieces or organised by Rest in Pieces must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Rest in Pieces.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Rest in Pieces unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Rest in Pieces classes and events or on Rest in Pieces's premises. (For use of Rest in Pieces marketing materials).
See refund section
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.